
I'm trying a new rib recipe. My parents bought us a grill a couple of years ago and I've been experimenting with it a lot. I get inspiration from books, TV cooking shows and other backyard chefs. I wanted to write this down in case it works, so I figured I might as well share (the recipe, not the ribs, sorry).
You'll need 2 racks baby back ribs, Emeril's Rib Rub, 32 oz. beef broth, 24 oz. BBQ sauce, 3 Tbsp minced garlic, handful of peppercorns, and some foil.
Place each rack on a generous double layer of foil and coat both sides of each rack to taste with the Rib Rub. Fold the foil around the ribs and crimp it at the top to make a flat tube, then roll the ends up and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours. Combine in a saucepan the broth, 2 cups of the sauce, the garlic, peppercorns and another 2 Tbsp of the Rib Rub and bring to a boil, then simmer it for 20 min. Strain the mixture (optional) to make your braising liquid. Pull out the ribs and open ONE end of the foil and shape it into a funnel. Pour half of the braising liquid into each of the foil tubes. Seal the ends back up, put the packs on a cookie sheet, puncture a couple of steam holes in the tops, and cook them in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Remove them and let each of them sit over a large bowl or saucepan. Their middles will sag - cut a hole in the foil at that point with kitchen shears and let the liquid drain. You can reduce it for a dipping sauce or discard it. Place the ribs on a hot grill and finish them off for 15 minutes, basting them with the rest of your BBQ sauce. Cut into 2-4 bone portions and serve. Do not leave any leftovers. :) -JE
No comments:
Post a Comment