Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Montana Vacation - Day 6 - Heading to Big Sky Resort


Nana, Papa, Marli and Marcus had to start their 3 day drive back to Oklahoma today so we posed the kids in their stamped shirts and visors along with the bags they helped decorate the other day.  After many tears and hugs they headed out.  We packed up our stuff and drove down the road to the Big Sky Resort.

This resort was the setting for a Wilderness Medicine Conference that I've been wanting to attend for a couple of years.  I realized that my medical training had done nothing to prepare me for practicing medicine outside the traditional settings.  I plan on taking my kids camping, possibly with their Scout troops and I felt I needed to be prepared.  Plus it looked like fun.  We checked into a beautiful room that had a pull-down Murphy bed for the boys.  I attended my first few lectures, including one titled "1001 Uses for Duct Tape and Safety Pins".  That night we attended a bluegrass music reception that evening and saw some of a magic show that the conference had set up for the kids.  His tricks included all the basics, but Alex really enjoyed it - he even figured out how some of them were done.

No comments: