Today I left the troops behind for a short medical education trip in Dallas in preparation for the Family Physician Boards I will be taking next summer. We had 3 days of lectures from 7 to 7 (with breaks thank goodness). My tuckus was tired of sitting when it was over.
It was rough leaving the rest of the gang but it wouldn't have been much fun here. Since I was in lectures all day, I wouldn't have seen them much anyway and Becky would've had to wrangle the kiddos by herself away from home. Not to mention the fact that Alex has school this week. I stayed in the Dallas Intercontinental and spent my downtime back on the treadmill (in front of a big mirror - I found out that I really don't like to watch myself run), or watching TV.
I spent half an hour in the pool one night (it was 88 that day in Dallas), but I found that it was a little creepy by myself. I kept touch with home through my cell phone through calls and text messages. Before long I was winging my way back home to the troops. I'm taking them on the next CME trip - hopefully with half day lectures.



No comments:
Post a Comment