Sunday, June 08, 2008

We Thought We Were Barbers

Every parent gives their kids a bad haircut at least once, right? Right? Well, we apperently felt the need to continue this longstanding tradition.  Last year, for their summer haircuts, we sent them to a kids' barber who pulled out a trimmer and mowed down their hair to something cooler for summer.  How hard could it be?



Today we tag-teamed them.  Becky cut large swaths off with scissors to make my job easier.



I then pulled out my old adjustable-depth beard and moustache trimmer that I haven't used much since I shaved them off last spring.  The biggest problem that I had was that it wasn't fully charged up in the cabinet and it quickly ran out of steam.  It also was really the wrong shape and style for this job in the first place.



We had thrown down a sheet to aid in clean up, but I just had to get a shot of how much hair we got off on our first attempt.



The result was a blotchy hair cut for each that they had to show the world during their end of season soccer game and trophy ceremony.  Aaron looked like he started chemo a few days before.  It bothered us more than them, and Becky went to Sally's Beauty Supply and bought a real, plug-in hair trimmer that evened them out.  You can get a nice view of that haircut here.  (Remember, that's the improved version.)

No comments: