Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Glad the Pool is Indoors

After breakfast at Kalahari we got this rhinocerous to hold still long enough for us to snap a picture in front of him. Good thing that stick fence was there to protect us in case he decided to stampede.
Today we swam until we were waterlogged. This pool was a favorite for the boys because there was enough room to practice their swimming moves from their swimming lessons.
There were also basketball goals set up to slam dunk some water basketballs. The favorite was still the wave pool and we spent much of our day in there.
We picked a good day to come to an indoor water park as it was one of the most bitterly cold days of the year, especially since the wind was blowing hard, creating below zero wind chills. I've dressed for colder weather in warmer clothes and done fine in the past, but today was different. Because we checked out of our hotel room, I hauled almost all of our gear into the van, but since we had to cram our day's necessities into a pool locker, I was wearing sweatpants and a windbreaker instead of my heavy winter coat. Because it was a popular weekend and the parking lot was far from the entrance, I think that was the closest I've ever come to frostbite. I warmed up quickly when I got out of the wind (the hot tub helped also). Day 2 of Aaron's birthday was a lot of fun.

No comments: