Sunday, May 06, 2007

Tiger Cub Acheivement 2D - Pledge of Allegiance


Alex needs to learn the Pledge of Allegiance and participate in a den flag ceremony. He's done the latter, both in his den meetings after school, and at the Dad & Lad campout weekend. Alex doesn't say this in school like Becky and I did, so I printed him a copy and we went through it line by line. I had to explain "pledge", "allegiance", "United", "Republic", the symbolism of the flag, "indivisible", "liberty", and "justice". In terms that he could understand, it ended up sounding like this: "I promise loyalty to the flag of the United States of America, and to the country for which the flag is a symbol, one nation under God, that can't be broken up, with freedom and fairness for everybody." He learned it the right way though, and repeated it for his mom this morning before breakfast.

No comments: