Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It Was a Zombie Jamboree

This year I dressed up for Halloween - something I haven't really done since leaving residency and joining my practice. I wore this to work - I was the only doctor to dress up (after we made sure no kids were on my schedule - this would've been too scary).
I got the clothes at Goodwill for about $13. I had fun shredding them with my multitool and smearing them with fake blood. I imagined that I was re-animated and bashed my way out of my coffin with my forehead and then got into a fight with some of the other zombies when I designed this. I read online that mortuaries slit the jackets up the back to fit them onto the corpses easier, so I did the same.
Posted by Picasa
I bought some makeup and Becky got up early to help me apply the pale face, dark (sunken) eye sockets and prosthetic head wound. We powdered my hair (to sub for dirt & dust) and sprayed it in an askew position. I put on a little fake blood (from eating brains) and practiced my vacant stare.

It was a huge hit at the office by both my staff and patients. My nurse went into the rooms before I came in and told my unsuspecting patients that "Something's wrong with Dr. Evans. He doesn't look very good and hasn't been acting right ever since he got here." I startled one pre-teen while taking the kids out trick-or-treating because he didn't realize I was in costume until he walked past me and saw my head. Next year - Jedi Knight.

No comments: