Friday, May 12, 2006

MVCDS Western Round-up Auction




Becky and I went to a fundraiser for Alex's school tonight unlike any we've ever been to. It was an auction that included a silent auction portion and a live auction with some high dollar items, like vacations and a signed McCartney guitar. Becky was on the decorating committee and spent all day working on this event (as well as weeks of planning and borrowing Western-themed items). Becky made some jewelry and her mom crocheted/knitted some blankets and ponchos that raised hundreds of dolloars for the school in the silent auction. We bid high and won a preschool book full of photos and drawings of/by the kids that one of the parents put together in a hardbound coffee table book. Becky and I dressed up in our Western best - I must say that I felt odder in those clothes than an Oklahoma boy should.

No comments: