Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Wardrobe Beckons

Becky and I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe last night and we would strongly recommend this to all. I have always been a fan of the Narnia books. Becky has read this one and seen the animated version as well. This movie version was absolutely the way it should have been done as a live action movie. The performances were excellent by all, especially the children. The digital animation was great. Since several of the characters are animals, they could blend shots of a real pack of wolves running with animated shots of them talking without us being able to tell the difference. This effect was done nicely with horses too. There are some intense scenes and swordfighting violence, but virtually no gore. We didn't feel like we could let our kids see it yet, but at the same time we were eager for the day when we could show it to them because it was a great movie from a great book. I got Alex the book set for Chrstimas and I plan on reading them to him over the next year.

No comments: